Saturday, August 9, 2008

Alto Fair and a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Van Hill

This has been a very busy week for us here in Waupun, first we had the Alto Fair on Wednesday and Thursday. We went to the fair on Thursday to see the animals and the parade. I was so tired that I fell asleep in the car on the way there and slept until Mommy woke me up later to eat lunch. I had a toasted cheese sandwich made with cheese from the cheese factory in Alto. We walked around the fair grounds and saw all kinds of animals. I got see a roster up close and when it crowed it scared me so much. I jumped, Mommy laughed at me, I did not think it was funny.
Then I saw moo cows, and mooed at them and they mooed back at me. Pigs came next and boy were they big pigs. Most of the pigs were sleeping but one pigs was eating and he kept almost knocking his bowl over. After the pigs we moved on to lambs and goats. I wanted to pet them but Mommy said no because I was still eating my toasted cheese sandwich.

Walking back towards the main street we looked for a good place to sit and watch the parade. Mommy wanted us to get a good seat so she could get a lot of candy. The coolest thing in the parade was the big grocery cart that came down the street. I wish we could have a cart like that. We also saw a train that came down the street. After the parade we came home and I took a good nap.

Friday and Saturday here in Waupun it was the Waupun Truck - N- Show. Big Semis come down main street blowing their horns and showing off all their special lights. It can get pretty loud. Grandpa and Grandma Van Hill were here when I woke up from my nap on Friday. I have been showing them my house. Grandma is sure that I have run of the house. Mommy agrees with her. This afternoon a whole bunch of Daddy's cousins stopped by to see us on their way to a vacation spot here in Wisconsin. It was fun to play with bigger kids again.


Daddy has to preach in the morning and then he is done for the day and he is on vacation and he can play for the rest of the day and all day Monday. I also got my first cracker with frosting on it. YUMMY!!

No comments: