Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Play Dates

I have had two play dates this week and both were a lot of fun and meant I was very tired so I took long naps for Mommy. Unfortunately, I would wake up in the middle of my naps and need comfort because my eye teeth are coming in and they hurt. I won't go back down in my crib so now I sleep on the floor in living room which means Mommy can't get as much stuff done but she doesn't mind having me close by.
Well, back to the play dates yesterday, I got to play with eight other kids and there was only one other little guy my age otherwise they were a lot older than I was. But, you know me that won't slow me down any. I just jump right in the middle and rough house with the best of them. I played in their tree house and went down the slide. I even got to pet a little kitten. So much fun all around. Today we had four of the kids come to our house to play while their Mommy worked setting up the school library. We went outside after the rain came through and played with my new basketball hoop from Grandpa and Grandma Van Hill. Mommy showed the three older kids how to trap the soccer ball and how to kick it with the inside of their foot instead of their toe. It was fun chasing the ball down in the parking lot. We all came in after a while and read books and played with my Fisher Price airport and garage. I watched and played with my play food that Velcros together. I like to cut it apart with my play fork and knife. Then their mommy came and picked them up and we all went out for lunch to Pizza Ranch. I ate, bread sticks, mashed potatoes with peas, and some chocolate pudding for dessert.
Then it was on to the play place. I like watching kids play the arcade games. Daddy had to leave and Mommy and I were planning on walking home, only it started raining really hard. We waited for a bit but I was very crabby and started crying and would not stop. So Mommy put a blanket around me and we ran the half mile home in the pouring rain. Our friend couldn't help us because their car was full of them and their bikes. The funny thing is that I fell asleep while Mommy was running us home. Overall, it has been a very good week so far. I also make kissing noises when I see Daddy kissing Mommy and if they are hugging I have to get in on the action. I learned a new word yesterday, it is window.

No comments: