Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trip to Sioux Falls Part 1

Last week Monday we drove the seven hours to Grandpa Gil and Grandma Alina's house. I was very excited to see them and my cousins. I made the decision not to take a nap the whole day. I was very tired but I just felt that I would miss something important. I had fun singing along to my CD's with Mommy and Daddy in the car and looking at all the animals out my window. When I got to Grandpa Gil's I just wanted to get out of the car and run around in the house. It was very windy at their house. I almost blew away. I played with my cousins for a little while and then they had to go.
Tuesday was a great day, because I got to finally see Grandpa Gil's Garbage Truck! He had finished his first load of the morning and was ready to dump the little garbage truck into the big one. I had fun watching and Grandpa even let me help him tip the truck. The best part was when I got to pull the horn on the big truck. This was the highlight of the trip I talked about it the whole rest of the trip.


After seeing the truck we drove to Sioux Center Iowa to visit Stan and Beth. We also got to see Dordt College. I kept calling it Dora Daddy says that is okay since I call Calvin College "Marvin". We walked around the campus with Stan and Beth. We stopped in the bookstore to get Daddy and I new shirts. Mommy thought it would be funny to get me a Dordt soccer shirt since Grandpa Buck is the assiant soccer coach at Calvin. (I don't think he is going to think that is very funny) I got to run on Dordt's indoor track just like I did at Marvin(Calvin).

There was even a basket ball that I tried to shoot hoops with. We eat in the Student Building with Stan and Beth and there is also where I saw Grace a college student from our church. I feel asleep on our walk back to Stan and Beth's. After my nap we drove around the Sioux Center and then stopped off at Casey's Bakery for a big cookie. I got a tractor, Mommy got a clown and the rest of them had big donuts.


More later . . . so stay tuned . . .

No comments: