Sunday, April 27, 2008

Calvin Fun Run

Yesterday, I ran/walked in my first road race. I did the Calvin College Karen Muyskens Family Fun Run. It was cold out so Grandma and I stayed inside until just before the race started. Then we went outside to see Daddy and Mommy run their race. I cheered for them and then Grandma took me inside and I got see and talk to some of Mommy's old teachers.
See my number, I am number one just like my age!
Run Parker Run!!!

Later we went back outside and learned that we had missed them coming past. We stayed out by the finish line looking for them. We missed Daddy again but we did see Mommy. Daddy had a good time but Mommy was disappointed with hers. You can go to this site and check how they ran http://www.doitsports.com/results/page.tcl?id=10930 Right after they finished we went to find out where my race was to be held. I was so excited that I kept pulling Mommy's hand and making her walk with me. I still like to hold on instead of walk by myself. I walked part of the race and then Mommy and Daddy took turns running with me. At the end I got a special ribbon to show that I did it. While Mommy and Daddy waited to find out if we won any prizes, Grandma took me to see Grandma the Great and then Grandma Ruth showed up to. I played lots of games with Grandma the Great.

No comments: