Tuesday, July 28, 2009

John Ball Zoo

This morning Mommy and Grandma took me to John Ball Zoo! I got to see lots of animals. The first ones we saw were those silly sleepy flamingos. They stand on one leg and tuck their head under their feathers. I was just amazed that they did not fall over. The white pelicans were cleaning their feathers and not interested in looking at me. After looking at the Bald Eagles for a while we went on and parked the stroller by the aquarium.
We thought we were going to go look at the penguins but Mommy went the wrong way and we ended up walking through the explorers exhibit. We saw wallabies and one of them had a joey in her pouch. Then I talked to a bunch of different birds and a Great Horned Owl who was awake.
I played on a big wooden train and I wanted it to pull me so bad.
I saw the bigger kids going out on a cool ropes course that Mommy said I could go on when I was older. I saw goats, turkeys, and chickens at the petting zoo. Mommy wouldn't let me pet them though. Then we went off and I saw a big parrot and some turtles. I even got to go under a waterfall. I love waterfalls! I found lots of them all over the park. We then headed back to the aquarium so that we all could see the penguins. I loved watching them swim all over the place. They would dive down deep and then come up to the surface and swim around. I so wanted to jump in the water with them.
I got to see the tide pool and watch the water come in and then go back out. After the aquarium we went to see the otters but they weren't out. Mommy was sad because she likes watching the otters swim around. The Big Brown Bear and the Grizzly Bear were up and roaming around. I think that they wanted to go inside but they couldn't. Then we went past the tiger cage but he was sleeping like a lot of the other animals we had tried to see. So we moved on and Grandma bought us tickets to ride a camel.

Mommy and I got up and rode a camel. Her name was Angel and she was 7 years old. I was scared at first and I didn't want to get up on her. Mommy got on first and then I got on. Grandma took lots of videos and pictures of us up on the camel. I had a lot of fun and I even wanted to ride the other camel that was sitting there.
On our way back down we saw that the tiger had gotten up from her nap and was walking around. She was pacing in front of the windows. I got to see her up close. Then we went on to see the lions, but they were sleeping and so were most of the chimps and gorillas. We did walk through the reptile house even though Mommy didn't want to. I saw big snakes, turtles, and iguanas. Then it was back out to see the little monkeys. Most of them were asleep but one did a little swinging from the ropes.On our way out we stopped to see the pelicans again and they got up close to me and almost tried to grab my hat off of my head.
(Here we are posing by a family of penguins. A nice zoo worker took our picture.
Then Mommy said that I had to have my picture taken down by the statue of John Ball just like she did when she was a little girl.

I'm going to be an explorer too!

No comments: