Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sleeping Bear Dunes Camping!


Fishing for the first time with Mommy's old fishing pole. I fished off of a little dock into the Platte River.I had a great time last week camping with Grandpa Buck, Grandma Sara, Daddy, and Mommy. We did tons of fun things, like swiw in Lake Michigan, it was a bit cold. I like swimming in the Platte River better. I found tons of rocks, used my big shovel to dig holes and splash water. We even got to see a family of loons swim by. They swim really fast, Mommy has a very funny video of that. We on hikes up cliffs and looked down at the pretty water. I said it was "awesome". I chased after chipmunks or as called them "chipymunks", or "chunckymunks". We all saw deer in the woods and I got to see lots of wild turkeys. We had a raccoon try and get into our stuff. He didn't get anything and I think he was kind of mad about that.

Jumping of the top of a 450 foot drop to Lake Michigan. It looks like we were jumping into thin air!


We even went to Mommy's favorite store Cherry Republic a few different times. I love eating chocolate covered dried cherries. My favorite part of the store was the bears. I would pretend to be a bear and try to scare Mommy and Daddy back at the campsite. We even got to meet the owner of Cherry Republic he told Mommy to take pictures of her Cherry Republic bathroom and send them and they might go in the orchard report that they send out each week.

More later . . .

No comments: