Friday, March 20, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Mommy and I have been going to swimming lessons at Wayland Academy in Beaver Dam for the past 4 weeks. I love being in the water and I have learned so much. In the beginning I wore water wings and a water belt to help hold me up and by the end I didn't need the water wings any more.
My teacher was Ms. Peggy and then there were two other mom's with their boys. I learned how to kick my feet and paddle with my hands. Mommy and I would do 2 laps of the pool on my tummy and then one on my back. Then it was time to jump in from the shallow end of the pool. After five jumps we swam to the deep end and Mommy would gently drop me in off the starting blocks. We would do five of those and on the last one I would try and get away from Mommy so I could swim in the deep part of the pool. Mommy and I would swim back to the shallow end where we would sing The Wheels on the Bus and Ring Around the Rosie. I would ask every time to sing Rosie.





Then Ms. Peggy would hand out the kick boards and I would swim holding on to the board and blow bubbles. The class would end with choosing a toy throw and then swim after. I like the whales the best because when you would squeeze them water would come out their spout. Lessons are now over for the next two weeks and then they will start up again and I can't wait.



No comments: